Going Digital: Getting the most out of your online event experience
Women in Communications 2021 is taking place online!
Delegates will have access to the Women in Communications online event platform prior to the event and for some time afterwards. This will allow you to avail of the additional on-demand materials, to supplement your learning experience and professional development, and help you to focus on the themes that are most relevant to you.
To help you get the most of our your online experience, we have laid out some top tips!
Is this your first time attending a virtual event? Unsure what to expect? Read on for our top tips for getting the most from your Women in Communications online experience!
- Clear the time in your diary, just as you would for a physical event. Consider switching off your emails to avoid distractions.
- Choose an environment in your home that helps you to relax and focus.
- In the days leading up to the event, take some time to write down the three goals you want to achieve from the day.
- Explore the conference agenda and choose the sessions you want to attend live. Don’t forget, you’ll be able to view the remaining sessions on-demand at a time that works for you (a real perk of attending our events in their online format!)
- Take the allocated break times in the agenda to relax during a busy day of learning. We will be providing some relaxation and exercise resources to help you switch off and recharge.
- Meet your fellow attendees in advance of the conference and join the conversation by using the hashtag #WomenInComms.
- Familiarise yourself with our online platform prior to the event, to ensure a smooth experience on the day.
- Take a look at the additional on-demand materials, to maxmise your learning experience. You will have access to extra presentations and tips from several of the speakers that you will meet on the day, as well as from some new faces!
- Think about any questions you would like to ask of our speakers, there will be plenty of time for Q&A on the day!